THIS is probably the most respectable excuse for spending a weekend consuming beer.
The footy grand finals and Oktoberfest celebrations fall on the identical weekend — and we are totally right here for it.
A number of Coast venues are internet hosting festivities to have fun the German vacation, together with House of Brews at Surfers Paradise.
Proprietor Damian Kanaghines said they had named their occasion HOBtoberfest.
"We’re doing a number of Aussie craft beers in a Bavarian style," he said.
"All of the employees can be dressed up and there will probably be a bunch of Oktoberfest style food like schnitzel and pretzels.
"We’ll even be doing a few special cocktails with Jagermeister."
Mr Kanaghines stated it was the primary time the favored restaurant was internet hosting Oktoberfest celebrations.
"It’s basically just a massive party that everyone is invited to," he said.
"Will probably be loud, raucous and excessive ... we’ve been to Oktoberfest in Germany and we okaynew there wasn’t a lot going on in Surfers for it, so we thought we’d flip it into an event on grand finals weekend.
"We have large TV screens on the rooftop showing the games, it will likely be the primary real taste of summer."
WHERE TO CELEBRATE
1. House of Brews: HOBtoberfest, Friday, September 29 to Monday, October 2, German Food, Beer Judging, Live Music
2. Night time Quarter: Oktoberfest at NightQuarter, Friday, October 6 & 7, German food, beer, conventional dancing
3. Bavarian Bier Cafe: Saturday AFL Grand Remaining (if Dusty kicks the first goal, they’ll shout the haus a beer), Sunday NRL Grand Ultimate (if Billy scores the primary try, everybody will get a beer).
4. German Club Gold Coast Oktoberfest
Coast: Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1, Oompah Music, Haxen, Sausages, Hendl, and Beer.
5. Bavarian Haus: Saturday, October 7, Oktoberfest Band, German Tap Beers, German Food